When I think about eccentricity, I think of someone who is a little different or off. Whether it is about their views about something, to the way they carry themselves. Being eccentric could lead to several problems, such as being judged by peers and society about how you handle situations or topics. I tend to see people who are very eccentric to be a bit bullheaded regarding their opinions and actions. Also I see people who feel the same way about issues or topic seem to stick together and form in a sense a community.
I think we need to have eccentric people in our society or everyone would be willing to remain the same as one another. Eccentric human beings are needed to keep our society going. For example someone who is extremely smart and knows it, could potentially help our communities out for the better some day. Also I feel as if some people like to hide their eccentricity because they don't want to stand out from the rest of the population. Yet, everyone needs their own uniqueness.
Part Two
![]() |
The State of Ohio and the land claimed by the largest tribes.
|
My research question comes from the Roberta Blackgoat profile, which is what was two original Native American tribes that lived in Ohio and what happened to them? I discovered over 8 different tribes use to live or claim land in Ohio prior to The War of 1812. Although after the death of Leader of the Shawnee Tribe Tecumseh at the end of that war, most Native American willingness to fight for land in Ohio came to an end. In 1843 the last Native American tribe left Ohio for land west of the Mississippi River. Also the state of Ohio has never had any Indian Reservations, even though it was once home for several thousand of Native Americans.
This website is dedicated to the history of Ohio, not just Native American facts but everything you could ever want to know about Ohio.

Really interesting research about Native American history. I wonder why so much less of it is taught to us compared to European American history.
ReplyDeleteHey Miranda, I also agree that everyone's eccentricities are what make us all different. Also I would agree that the most eccentric people are often bullheaded in their thoughts and opinions, however I guess that's how they prevent themselves from conforming to societal norms. Reading about the native american tribes based from Ohio also peaked my interest, and makes me want to be more diligent about researching their history and culture.
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting and a little strange that Ohio doesn't have an Indian reservations. I wonder why that it? But then again, who would actually want to stay in Ohio if they had a choice? All we have in bipolar weather and corn fields.
ReplyDeleteI agree that judgement is a real factor in suppressing most peoples eccentricities. Why do we want so much to become the same? Why do you think we sometimes look down on and discourage others' talents? Could it be because we are jealous of what others can do, or maybe thought of first.
ReplyDeleteI was very surprised to find out that Ohio never had any Native reservations. I even ran a quick Google search for it and found only ones near Ohio. Why do you think none were ever constructed? Were the Americans at fault or did the Native tribes leave before one could be made?
That is interesting to learn that there wasn't a Indian reservation in Ohio. Possibly one was in the process before the war and wasn't completed due to the conflict and the death of the leader. Its sad thatone wasn't constructed due to the rich culture of the individual tribes and holding generations of their ancestors in the area.
ReplyDeleteI like how you state we need eccentric people or everyone would be the same and plain
ReplyDelete