I do however, feel that the eccentricity can be problematic. When people witness eccentric behavior it is more likely that it will leave a much stronger impression than that of normal everyday behavior. Especially in the case of eccentric celebrities, this may result in some people wanting to follow their behavior. The first problem that arises if this eccentric person is promoting a negative behavior. This could cause many impressionable people to follow a bad example. The other problem that I see is when people others want to behave exactly like an eccentric person they've been exposed to. In the case of a celebrity, if all of their fans begin behaving in the same way, then the individuality that comes from that eccentricity is no longer there. I feel that both of these outcomes are problematic and as a result harmful to the eccentrics who are promoting creativity of the individual.
The most interesting discovery I found in my readings so far has been about the Greensboro sit-ins. While reading Geneva Tisdale's profile, I was curious about the sit-ins the took place at her job. I felt while reading that she focused much more on her job than on the events that took place. So my question was simply, "What happened at the Greensboro sit-ins and why were they important". In my research I discovered that they were one of the central events that helped start the Civil Rights movement. In her profile Geneva describes 4 boys that came into her restaurant and asked to be served. In my research I made that the connection that those were Ezell Blair Jr., David Richmond, Franklin McCain and Joseph McNeil, the four college students that staged first ever sit-in in Greensboro. http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/the-greensboro-sit-in
![]() |
| A picture of a sit-in protest. |

Max I really liked reading you post. I never thought about celebrities being eccentric but a lot of them are and I totally that they can cause problems in many ways especially those you have mentioned. I also was really interested in the civil rights sit-ins and I thought it was really cool you found the name of the four boys that Geneva Tisdale was talking about.
ReplyDeleteYes very interesting post. I agree with you and our society has almost put a restriction on the ways that we are suppose to behave and act. Its almost brainwashing in my opinion. Many believe in what they are suppose to believe and not risk being judged or looked at, it is nice seeing eccentric people stepping out of their way and persuading others to believe what "they" think is right.
ReplyDelete