Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Journal Two by Miranda


Hi, my name is Miranda. I grew up on the outskirts of Mount Gilead, about 30 minutes from campus. I was raised by my dad from the time I was five years old. My dream is to become a Veterinary Technician for a large animal facility. I love all animals, but my passion is for large farm animals such as cows, and horses. A few of my hobbies include hunting and fishing.


My favorite profile so far would be "Steam Train" Maury Graham. A theme that stood out to me is work ethic. I feel that this theme is important, because Maury wanted to be able to work in trade of things he needed, such as a meal. Instead of work for money that he had to spend on things that he needs. I feel that this theme is important because it shows the work ethic that people should have. There are many people in my generation who don't have any work ethic to begin with. Maybe "old traditions" like this one in the profile could shed some light on those who don't want to work but want everything in life. "You didn't have to trade work for money then. There wasn't any money. You'd rather get a meal for the work, or you'd rather get a pair of pants or an overcoat or a blanket. usually in the old times that's the way people paid the man-paid him in trade. You aim to work and that's a work ethic". This shows that back then you didn't work for having cash in your pocket but shoes on your feet. If it was like this today people would have to work in order to have even the simplest things in life. In turn, do you think people would take their own work ethic more seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your story because I've been raised by my father as well, since I was around 13 years old (although ironically, I don't enjoy hunting or fishing). I agree with a lot of young people not having very good work ethic, it's almost as if it's becoming a thing of the past! A lot of people nowadays go in to work and are there just to get a paycheck and don't take pride in anything they do. I think if we all took just a little pride in whatever we are trying to accomplish, we'd be a happier nation.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.