Hi, my name is Max Balderson. I'm from Marysville, Ohio and am currently a sophomore at OSU. I'm really looking forward to this class, because Mike was one of my first college professors. Some interesting facts about me are that I speak a little bit of Japanese and that I love to cook.
Of the profiles that I have read over the weekend, I would have to say that my favorite so far has been the account of Lawrence "Happy" Davis. His view on his life during the depression was refreshing and overwhelmingly positive. You can tell how thankful he is for his experience as a Pullman Porter despite his circumstances. Lawrence even goes as far as to describe his job as, "...one of the greatest experiences a man could have". I felt that this small comment was powerful enough to establish the tone of the entire profile, showing how Lawrence clearly carries this positivity wherever he goes. He firmly believes in this statement and recounts all of the adventures he had despite the limitations he had as an African American during the Great Depression. I find his account is truly motivating and inspiring.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.