Thursday, January 25, 2018

Journal Three- Olivia Mullins

Olivia Mullins
English 2367
23 January 2018

Journal Three: Eccentricity & Diversity
      Eccentricity is defined as the state or quality of having an odd or unusual manner. Being eccentric is encourage when you want to stand out and be different from the others. Famous inventors or originators are looked at as eccentric. For example Leonardo Di Vinci was said to grave robber he would steal the cadavers to study the anatomy. Di Vinci was made so of the worlds greatest painting and he also had a very strict sleeping schedule. Leonardo was said the acquiring sleep freed up more time to brainstorm. Being eccentric is valued or celebrated in you we all have are own eccentric ways. Its becomes a problem because other people will know that you are different this can become a problem because other people will start to make fun of you and it could put you down. When that pressure has been laid on to you, you could possibly want to give up or quit.
     I believe that being eccentric is great but I believe that is is a personality trait and it is also a character trait that I don't have.
       The most inserting discover I made is do people prefer medicine over herbs. In  Tommie Bass story we learn that using herb is better than using medicine and that is what he prefers. According to Life Advancer people usually prefer to use herb over medicine because........ "Manufactured in a lab using synthetic chemicals, some drugs that are available for use have a long list of possible side effects attributed to them."https://www.lifeadvancer.com/why-do-people-prefer-natural-remedies-to-modern-medicine
Herb vs Medicine

2 comments:

  1. I agree to your point on how eccentricity can become a problem due to how people would treat you or act towards you for being different. I feel like that is something that happens a lot now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The research following the Tommie Bass story is interesting considering a lot of people use pills without fully recognizing the trailing list of synthetic materials. The profile has brought more of an awareness to the benefits of herbs and how they could benefit ones lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.