Journal Five: Summary of my research question and the connecting to today's world and a vocab
I searched information about "tent cities" if people today still use tent cities. I got the idea from George Preston's story. He talked about how he used to charge people for staying the night in the tent city. During that time he charge only 50 cents a day for a family which was so cheap as of today. I looked up more about the tent cities and found that lots of homeless people today live in tent cities. They put their tent side of a road or under a tree and live there. Here is the link which contains more information about this and some pictures. https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/02/americas-tent-cities-for-the-homeless/462450/. Also, when people go camping they put the tents and it's kind of tent city. Today there are hotels/motels for people to stay in every city, so people no longer use tents when they travel unless they going for camping.The vocabulary I found was lieutenant which means a police deputy acting for a superior. This vocab came from the Matt Kennedy story.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.