The vocabulary word I looked up was Issaquena. As of the 2010, the population was 1,406, making it the least populous county in the state, Issaquena County is the third poorest county in the United States. This is central to this profile because Z.L Smith talks about this place in the profile, and it is where people would go to watch Bessie Smith perform.
I could relate to this profile as well because Smith states only boys stay with her. My best friend in high school had a grandma originally from Alabama and her views of boys being less disturbance and that it is a mans world. I can remember her grandma talking about how the men are more important in society than women, and that men are to be seen has the highest member of any family. She would always take my friends brother's side over her own. Also she would rather listen to what the boys had to say over her own daughters and granddaughters. It reminded me just of grandma "Doe Doe".
I disagree with the thought from grandma about men being better than woman and it being a mans world. There wouldn't be any men without women if we're being honest. Grandma should have learned to respect our women. #TheFutureIsFemale
ReplyDeleteI agree and disagree with her grandma. The future is both men and women working together efficiently.. and that's facts!
ReplyDeleteThat's interesting that your grandma had a view of favoring men and their viewpoints. Was her father a strong influence of this perspective? I feel its sad that she doesn't value her opinion as an equal or that of her female family members.
ReplyDelete