Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Journal 6 By Derick

I think my favorite picture from holding on comes from Jim Bishops profile and it is his very first page that the picture is on. I think it adds a lot to the story because the picture is of Jim standing on top of  a castle and I think that represents him tackling the job of building a castle. Light is shown upon the castle and shadow showed upon Jim. I take this as him showing the achievement made by Jim and showing light upon it. I definitely think this is a positive attitude and obviously the setting shows the castle that Jim put his heart and soul into. 


I think if there is one thing that I would have to say I am holding onto I would say it is probably my pride. I pride myself and being able to pay for school and always having a good job and working to be successful. I pride my self on my intelligence and I am confident in the person I have become. I think that my pride drives my behavior and has made me who I am today. My pride shows in my personality from all angles and that is something I will want to hold onto forever. This picture is me all dressed up, my business attire that I want to work in forever and be a successful worker. This shows me in a positive way where I can show my pride for who I am today.

3 comments:

  1. I also like that profile picture. It shows all part of the building, sky, and the background with mountain trees. It covers some aspects of his story. If I was Jim Bishop, I would have taken the same type of picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One other thing I noticed about Jim Bishop's profile picture is the sense of pure adventure the picture contains. He's standing on top of the castle with his hands resting on his belt. He looks determined, like the grizzled hero of an action movie. And he's standing in a dangerous spot, right at the edge of his castle. Nothing to stop him from stepping off the edge. There's a lot of tension in this picture, a lot of action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At such a young age and saying that you're holding on to your pride is such an interesting view at a young age. it is amazing that you are taking care of yourself and looking out for your jobs and making good pay. That is a god way to set yourself up for the future after college.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.